It’s been great meeting new puppies and kittens over the summer months,
For the best start in life your new pet will need…
1: A premium puppy or kitten food containing high quality ingredients especially formulated for growth during the first year of life. Milk isn’t needed after weaning just plenty of fresh water.
- Puppies and kittens both require a course of 3 vaccinations at 8, 12 and 16 weeks to give protection from infectious diseases. They are not fully protected to go out exploring the world until after their final 16 week vaccination.
- All puppies and kittens are born with worms and need treating every 2 weeks until they are 3 months, then monthly until 6 months, then 3 monthly after that. A worm tablet can be used or a combined flea/ worm treatment that goes on the back of the neck.
- Microchipping and registration is quick and painless and ensures your pets safety; and is a council requirement for dogs.
- De-sexing at 4 -6 months is the ideal time for both males and females. This reduces overpopulation, behavioral issues, fights, unwanted pregnancies and infections.
- Insuring your pet is a smart choice as you never know when they may be sick or injured. There is free 6 week cover available for your puppy or kitten.
And of course they need bucket loads of love and play and consistent boundaries.
To help you to provide the best care for your Kitten or Puppy, we have a great pack which makes the first year, easier and more affordable. Give us a ring on 0800 838 7267 to find out more or book in.
Anne Shilston BVSc