In light of the evolving situation around Covid-19, we’d like to reiterate that at present we are “business as usual” and are ready and able to continue serving the needs of all of our clients and their animals.
We continue to take the health and safety of our animals, clients and staff seriously and we continue to be guided by the New Zealand Veterinary Association (NZVA), health authorities and Government.
Are you self isolating?
- If you are self-isolating please be assured that we can still help you and your pets.
- If you are self-isolating we ask that you please consider re-scheduling your pet’s appointment for any non-urgent care until your isolation period has ended.
- If your pet does need urgent veterinary attention, please inform our clinic staff that they are coming from a home where somebody is self-isolating, so staff can also take appropriate precautions for themselves and within the clinic.
- If someone else is bringing your animal to the clinic on your behalf, please be available by phone so veterinary staff can contact you if needed.
- Remember, our online shop is open 24/7 and is available HERE, we also have the ability to deliver pet foods and pet medications for a small fee. If you need this service, please contact us on 0800 838 7267 or email us – firstname.lastname@example.org
- We have mobile vets available and are able to come to you if it is safe to do so.
- NZVA Information on self-isolating and your animals can be found HERE.
Your appointment with us
- When making an appointment with us, our staff may ask if you are unwell, have been in contact with someone who is unwell or have been in contact with someone who has been overseas. This is for the well-being for all of our animals, clients and staff.
- If in fact you are unwell, have been in contact with someone who is unwell, or have been in contact with someone who has been overseas we ask that you please inform us at the time of making your appointment and discuss your needs. Please consider having someone else take your pet into our clinic.
- We may, as a precaution, ask to take your animal into our clinics while you wait in the car park.
Foods and medication
- We would like to assure you that we are well staffed and have no current supply issues with pet foods and pet medications.
- We have the ability to deliver pet foods and pet medications for a small fee. If you need this service, please contact us on 0800 838 7267 or email email@example.com
- If you are a farming, lifestyle or equine client and have any concerns please contact us.
- Remember, our online store is open 24/7.
- There is still only very limited evidence companion animals such as cats and dogs can become infected with Covid-19, and no evidence they can transmit the infection to other humans or animals, but a cautious approach is recommended from the NZVA.
- Covid-19 is a daily evolving situation and we will update all of our clients if need be.
- Should the need arise in the future, we will have capability to provide video/phone conferencing with our patients. It will be up to our veterinarians to decide if using this form of consult is appropriate for each individual patient and circumstance.
- Our Puppy-pre school classes continue to operate with group numbers limited.
- If you are concerned, we encourage you to monitor the situation using credible sources such as the New Zealand Ministry of Health and plan accordingly.