With New Zealand now being at Alert Level 4 due to Covid-19, we’d like to reassure you that veterinary services are considered an essential service, therefore, during the 4-week lock down period we remain open and ready to help you and your animals.
Large Animal veterinarians provide vital services that assist in optimising animal welfare, and continued production of high-quality food products derived from animals. These services are time critical and cannot be deferred without potentially serious consequences. We are at present ‘business as usual’ for our Large Animals clients in terms of emergency and essential services to allow them to farm productively without compromising biosecurity, food safety and animal welfare.
What does the lockdown period mean for your lifestyle, production and equine animals?
- We are continuing to and will not stop offering services to our lifestyle, production and equine clients. Please be aware that although not all services will be available during this time, many veterinary activities are still essential – due to mitigation of future negative outcomes.
- Social distancing rules will apply if one of our team visits your property, with adequate physical distancing and appropriate hygiene. We ask that you please maintain two metre distances between people and where possible, only one person should be present to meet and aid the vet.
- When calling one of our team please be prepared to discuss your requirements. Our staff will ask if you are unwell, have been in contact with someone who is unwell or have been in contact with someone who has been overseas.
- We are still able to provide veterinary medicines. Eg, antibiotics, mastitis preparations, anti-inflammatories, parasiticides and facial eczema protection including trace minerals.
- All clinics are available for contactless animal remedy supplies.
- At present we have no stock issues, we will make you aware if that changes.
- We can organise direct and contactless farm deliveries.
Clinics remain open
- Our four clinics remain open and are practising contactless consults. If you are intending on visiting in person, please talk this through with one of our staff members over the phone and please read this information regarding contactless consults and measures we have implemented.
For non-urgent cases, we are able to offer video conferencing. Please call us to discuss this option.
We continue to be available for emergencies 24/7 during the lock down period. Should you need us call 0800 838 7267.
We thank-you for your understanding and patience in these uncertain times. Take care and stay safe.